Start Your Campaign
- From the CSCA website, use the search tool to locate the short code you desire; if a specific code is not necessary, the system will assign a random code upon request. This first step allows an applicant to check CSC availability.
- You have to have a CSCA account in order to order a code; if you do not have an account, you can create one by clicking the Get an Account Now button on the top navigation bar. Once the account is created, you will need to log in to your account, select “Apply for New CSC” and complete the order form. Up to 20 CSCs may be contained on a single order. Each CSC is assigned to a single account, making it easier for an entire company to manage a complete portfolio of CSC from one account.
- A CSC may be leased for three- (3), six- (6), or twelve- (12) month terms. Ordering and leasing a “select” CSC costs $1,000 per month, while “random” CSCs cost $500 each per month. THESE FEES ARE NON-REFUNDABLE REGARDLESS OF WHETHER ANY WIRELESS CARRIER AGREES TO ACTIVATE YOUR CSC. The Registry must receive payment in full for the duration of the registration within 60 days of your order, or your code will be placed back in the available pool.
- You must complete Steps 2 and 3 (below) before your completed campaign application can be sent to wireless carriers. If you have additional questions on how to order/lease a CSC, please see our FAQs page.
- Once you have ordered your CSC, you can start to define your campaign. You can enter your campaign details from your account dashboard under the CSC tab and select the CSC to which you wish to add your campaign information.
- The CSC Campaign Application is the process of defining the details of your campaign for downstream review by the Wireless Carriers and CTIA Monitoring. You can view what campaign fields are now required from your “Account Dashboard, and click on the “Add a Campaign” button Your Aggregator or Application Provider can assist you in completing the campaign details, or you can assign these details to be completed on your behalf.
- At least one campaign must be defined for each CSC, and it is required for your campaign to operate commercially. You will not be able to get your CSC and associated campaign(s) provisioned and approved on the carrier networks without providing all related campaign data. If you have additional questions on how to enter campaign information, please visit the FAQs page.
- Once you provide all your campaign details, you can submit your entire campaign application, which will be reviewed and if complete, accepted by CSCA Customer Services and then be submitted for vetting & approval. For additional information, please visit the FAQ page.) Missing or incomplete information will only delay the provisioning of your CSC and trigger violations with monitoring so it is important that all application information be complete and always kept current.
- Once approved, your application will be accepted by CSCA Customer Services and the CTIA Monitoring Agent. Your Aggregator will then help you submit your CSC and related campaign information to the Wireless Carriers for review and provisioning on each of their networks.
- CTIA Mobile Commerce Bulletin. Read More
- Industry Best Practices (pdf)
- Industry Advertising Guidelines (pdf)
Find a Partner
Need connectivity? Help with creating your CSC program? Let us help. Learn How
Find a Short Code
Enter your favorite name or number: